The majority of product we install are Energy Star products and are eligible for a federal tax credit on your next tax return. The percentage of this credit varies depending on your unique situation. Our installer can help you estimate how much of a tax credit you can receive.
Solar Energy System
- Tax Credit: 30% of cost with no upper limit
- Expires: December 31, 2016
- Details: Existing homes & new construction qualify. Both principal residences and second homes qualify. Rentals do not qualify.
Requirements: At least half of the energy generated by the “qualifying property” must come from the sun. The system must be certified by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or a comparable entity endorsed by the government of the state in which the property is installed.
Note: The credit is not available for expenses for swimming pools or hot tubs. The water must be used in the dwelling.
Photovoltaic systems must provide electricity for the residence, and must meet applicable fire and electrical code requirement.
Tax Credit includes installation costs.
More information on how to apply for the tax credit.
Windows, Doors, Skylights
Details on the 2013 Home Improvement Tax Rebate:
- Tax Rebate: 10% of cost of the home improvement, up to a maximum of $500. Windows are capped at $200.
- Expiration: December 31, 2013
- Eligibility: Must be on an existing home & your principal residence. New construction and rentals don’t qualify. Must be placed in service in 2013.
- Limitations: Tax Credit does NOT include installation costs.
- Tax Form: You need to file the 2011 IRS Form 5695 and submit it with your 2011 taxes (by April 15, 2014). On the 1040 form , the residential energy tax credit (from Form 5695) is claimed on line 52.
- Receipt: Save your receipts and the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for your records.
- U-Factor: Windows must have at least 0.35 U-Factor in Southern California. Other locations depend on climate zone. Door U-factor depend on how much glass is used.
Source: Energy Star
U-Factor glass requirements for windows and doors:
Installation Services of San Diego is not an agent or affiliate of SDG&E and/or CONTRACTOR RECRUITMENT AND MENTORING VENDOR.